NOTE NEW TIME
Corporate and Community Leaders Employment Summit:
Expanding the Talent Pipeline for People with Disabilities
Wednesday, May 9, 2018, 9:30 am – 1:30 pm
2121 Crystal Drive, Arlington, VA 22202
9:30 am Registration / Check-In / Networking
10:00 am Welcome: Katherine McCary, Executive Director, DC Metro BLN
Rikki Epstein, Executive Director, The Arc of Northern Virginia
10:15 am Keynote: Rainia Washington, Vice President, Global Diversity and Inclusion, Lockheed Martin Corporation
10:30 am TravelMate / EmployMate Presentation & Demonstration
Kymberly DeLoatch, Project Manager, The Arc of Northern Virginia
Camille Franco, Project Coordinator, The Arc of Northern Virginia
11:00 am Break
11:30 am Roundtable DIscussions
12:15 pm Roundtable Discussions Report Out
12:30 pm Lunch
1:00 pm Closing Remarks: Kia Silver Hodge, Senior Director, C5 Consulting, LLC
- 1. What can employers do to educate employment providers about their businesses, culture, and environment?
- 2. What can employment providers do to help employers understand the value of people with disabilities in the workforce?
- 3. What can employers and employment providers do to remove language barriers and perceptions about their respective roles?
- 4. What can employers do to increase successful employment outcomes?
- 5. How can employers and employment providers work together to identify customized employment opportunities?
- 6. What can employers do to make their company attractive as an employer of choice for people with disabilities?